IT Support - Whitstable - Unix 25k URGENT
My client is a successful private company providing leading edge solutions to the Telco sector. Our products/solutions are deployed in a number of Tier 1 Telcos in Europe mainly under 8/6 support but some on 24/7 basis.
Integration & Support Function
- Work as part of a team providing professional and comprehensive support to customers.
- Dealing with customer technical issues by email or over the telephone on a daily basis
- Maintaining/Improving technical diagnostic information for different solutions/products/customers
- Working alongside project development teams to both gain experience of the product/solution and assist in testing, integration and deployment.
- Providing customer feedback on their issues as they are progressed and record any interactions within the call handling system.
- Recreating problems in house and providing evidence where bug fixes are required.
- Availability to attend for customer visits on very complex technical support issues that might affect sales and sales pipeline.
- Provide out of hours cover for Priority 1 support calls (initially 1 weeks in every 4)
- Proven experience supporting UNIX environments with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the core flavours such as Sun Solaris, HP-UX , AIX , Linux (Red Hat or Suse).
- Knowledge/experience of working in distributed, cross platform server environments.
- Good diagnostic skills ability to work logically and methodically
- Good communicator â€" Verbal and written
- Fast learner, able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Some Telecommunications knowledge (Radio & Fixed wire)
- Programming and shell scripting skills (Python/Bash)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Previous experience of clustering environments.
- Experience with logical volume management
- SAN & Storage experience and exposure