Digital Skills Tutor
- Part Time
Jewish Care are recruiting for a Digital Skills Tutor, to work within its Jewish Care Explore service in Golders Green. The focus of the role will be on delivering digital training courses and activities for older and disabled people aged 18+.
In the digital age, technology presents great opportunities to enhance social connections, increase participation in society and in the cultural life of the community. However, for those who are not digitally included, there is an increasing risk of isolation, of being disconnected from friends, family and the modern world around them.
The Jewish Care Explore service supports older and disabled Jewish people to acquire the digital skills they need for everyday life. Our digital learning centre at the Maurice and Vivienne Wohl Campus in Golders Green is the hub of these activities.
We run courses on everything from PC, iPad and Android basics to learning how to surf the Internet, use email, Facebook and Skype.
We also run a drop-in service for those who aren't using technology and want to find out what's on offer, and for those already using technology who want to get some ad hoc advice or support from our friendly team of volunteers.
What you'll be doing:
• Working collaboratively with staff and volunteers to assess and better understand customers’ learning needs and styles;
• Delivering the syllabus and structured learning programme;
• Working with the Digital Engagement Lead to deliver a Train the Trainers programme for training volunteers;
• Monitoring and measuring customer progress;
• Providing excellent customer service in a way that will motivate and empower customers to develop their digital skills;
• Be flexible, fun, creative and responsive to the different training needs of customers, and be sensitive and considerate in how these are addressed;
• Provide ad-hoc support to walk in customers;
• Day-to-day volunteer management.
What you'll need:
• To be a competent and enthusiastic technology user, confident in using PCs, as well as tablets/mobile devices, including commonly used applications, such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Skype and FaceTime;
• Interest in and knowledge of the potential of digital technology to transform older and disabled people’s lives;
• Experience of or interest in providing training to older and disabled people, or experience of or interest in developing and delivering activities for older and disabled people;
• Ability to work creatively, in order to deliver interesting, fun and applicable training and learning activities for diverse groups.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent;
• Experience of assessing skills and progress throughout the learning journey;
• Exceptional communication and customer engagement skills.
• Knowledge of or interest in technology designed to facilitate engagement and communication for older and disabled people.
• Appreciation of and sensitivity to the person cantered approach to service delivery;
• A creative, resourceful and innovative approach to programme delivery;
• Ability to solve problems creatively and manage stressful situations with dignity and respect;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively to individuals, motivating them and empathising with them;
• The empathy to understand the Jewish Care value of meaningful lives, and to employ this value in all work.
This post is part time for 21 hours per week to be worked across Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We reserve the right to close adverts should high volumes of applications received. We would recommend that you submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
We anticipate interviews commencing early February.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79304777