Online Category Manager - 12 month FTC
This is a fantastic time to join the Online Trading Team in a period of rapid online growth across our digital channels. This is great opportunity to really help strengthen and influence the growth of the clothing category.
As an Online Category Manager, you will be responsible for optimising and trading the categories online, working with Buying, Merchandising, Web teams and Marketing.
You will be supporting business teams with insight and analysis on product and channel performance and be making recommendations to optimise sales and improve conversion, looking at sales trends and web analytics.
Managing the team/Strategy:
- Support development of the Online Category strategy to help deliver the agreed KPI targets
- Manage and lead the team of Assistant Online Category Managers and Online Category Executive's/Assistants.
- Develop and implement key performance indications for each member of their team, set clear goals and drive the whole team towards reaching these targets
- Deputise for the Senior Online Category Manager / Head of Online Trading where required
Analysis & reporting:
- Produce weekly analysis into product sales trends and website KPIs
- Analyse and understand the detail behind the category's performance and be able to present and summarise the detail at trading meetings
- Report and evaluate promotional activity and web changes using financial and web metrics
- Support business teams with insight for pre-season planning and strategies.
- Seek and develop further direct trading opportunities with the B&M teams to ensure we have a multichannel plan to hit all of our KPI's
- Analyse product conversion and abandonment and investigate ways to improve across channels and analyse reasons for underperformance.
- Use web analytics tools to create actionable insight for both merchandising and website teams, supported with recommendations for change.
- Work with your teams to optimise product placement through on-site sorting rules
- Use A/B testing to investigate optimal user experience of sorting rules on key categories/pages
- Work with peers to agree home and landing page priorities across the categories
- Work with the analytics team to monitor and report on key performance indicators (such as traffic, CTR, bounce rates & conversion) and general website performance
- Continually work to improve and develop the site through insights and analysis of web statistics
- Work with the Customer Service Manager to identify key pain points for customers and work to resolve
- Identify new site and functionality developments by working closely with business partners, the ecommerce team and the IT development
- Manage "walk the isles" sessions with teams and stakeholders to ensure we are continuously improving the customer journey
- Managing and influencing the multichannel category trade plan
- Measure weekly and daily performance against financial plans and history.
- Identify future promotional / marketing opportunities and risk in the trade plan and anticipate stock, margin and sales implications
- Be able to forecast sales on future activity and work with web teams to plan key messages.
- Work with online marketing on product nominations, campaigns and key areas of focus.
- Update trade calendar history with key events and trade activity
- Monitor competitor activity in your category
- Work closely with key stakeholders in all functions to create a consistent multi-channel customer experience
- Divisional Merchandising Director
- Buying and Merchandising teams
- UX Team
- Online Marketing
- CRM/Social Team
- Online Category team
- Senior Online Category Manager
- Head of Online Trading
- Online Product Team
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leader of people with management experience
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Proactive and resourceful
- Strong communicator
- Customer and results focussed
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Team player who can build strong relationships
- Technical understanding of website systems
- Basic understanding of online marketing
- Experience of using a web analytics tool
- Ecommerce or merchandising experience within retail
What’s in it for you?
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.