Business Development Sales Manager
On-going development of assigned accounts and partners
Continued search for new distribution and commercial opportunities
Be THE Market 'expert' to provide solid platform for growth
- Assist Head of Business Development in delivery of current 3-5 year plan
- Account Sales - Secure selections of target product ranges. This includes product samples, quotations, finalising product specifications and trade show attendance.
- Account Management - Maximising revenue within designated customer base by managing day-to-day account activities. This includes follow-through on all sales / pricing activity to ensure sustainable and profitable growth, and management of sell through data to report to the business on short term and long term product performance.
- Financials - Managing the revenue targeting and budget expenditure. This includes communication with, and reporting to Head of Business Development on forecasts and key financial issues. It also includes the ongoing management of the Market forecast process, which requires a high level of Excel and database comprehension and ability.
- Opportunity Generation and Management - Using local market knowledge to identify new commercial opportunities with existing and new customers / licenses as well as identifying niche needs and innovative/flexible solutions to meet these.
- Pricing - Operating within agreed company guidelines and managing execution of detailed price books. Responsibility of margin management within your Market.
- On Line Activity - Working with Business Development team and product team to ensure coordinated promotional programmes in line with digital brand and product requirements.
- Be totally 'fluent' in all aspects of the clients business:
- Promotional Mechanics
- Marketing Tools
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and Verbal Communication - internally and externally of business
- Advanced Excel skills is vital.
- Ability to learn new digital programmes to assist with the management of the market.
- Pro-Active approach to problems and problem solving.
- Desire to learn and develop own skill set and to inspire change and business growth within the Business Development Team.
- Be able to gather data, interpret and overlay onto the business plan using expert level of excel processes to analyse data.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential.
- Capable of excellent communication skills (verbal and written) - both internal and external.
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Be able to work closely with and as part of the sales, merchandising and product teams.
- Be able to lead group discussions in conjunction with Business Development Team and product teams
What’s in it for you?
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.