Property Letting Officer - Slough
Property Letting Officer - SlOUGH
AckeRman Pierce are currently recruiting a Letting Officer's in Slough to provide a supply of private sector rented properties for housing a range of customers in housing need. The post holders will manage a hot house telephone based service to generate property leads and close deals at affordable renting levels. Officers will liaise with landlords and agents, negotiate incentives and rent levels and occasionally view properties.
Key Areas of Responsibility for a Property Letting Officer
- To lead on securing through individual negotiations a supply of accommodation to use to meet housing need. The post holders will authorise payments and carry a significant financial responsibility to ensure supply by negotiating rents and offering payments from the homelessness prevention fund to secure properties for a range of customer groups including homelessness prevention cases, move on from supported housing, move-on from temporary accommodation.
- To operate a telephone based property finding service by generating leads from a variety of sources including known landlords, web sites and publications and cold calling.
- To visit properties as directed carry our inspections and condition checks
- To liaise with the council's Empty Property Officer, Home Improvement Agency and property improvement service to maximise the take up of grants and opportunities for landlords
- To provide information packs to landlords on services available, assist Landlords in completing any property related administration and keep accurate records of all landlord contact details
- To ensure accurate property records are maintained and up to date ready for hand over to Move On Advisers and provide accurate statistics as required
- Be a champion for excellent customer service delivery and customer care and contribute to the development and delivery of an integrated service.
- Be self serving with respect to administration, case record keeping and other related duties and utilise IT systems to update and record information required according to guidance and established procedures.
- Participate in appraisals, one to ones, objective settings, personal development plans and working group meetings and take a full and active role in service development, including service reviews.
- To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Health & Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation, as well as Council policies, procedures, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To carry out the duties of this post with due regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and to actively promote and uphold the Council's FRESH values.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to the post, for ensuring compliance with council policies and procedures aimed at promoting and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable children and adults.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to the post for promoting diversity including tackling racism and good race, ethnic & community relations.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade, that may be required. These may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service.
Property Letting Officer - London (Property and Housing)