Finance / Accounts Assistant - Chipping Norton
My name is Duncan Cooper, I am hiring for my business partners who own and run a Hospitality Group. This role is based out of their beautiful Cotswold Office Space in Kingham near Chipping Norton.
The role would suit someone who likes working in a grown-up autonomous environment. If you are looking for an employer that provides an incredible working environment, this role is for you.
I'm looking for an experienced Finance / Accounts Assistant. If that's you and you apply for this role, I assure you a prompt response.
Reporting to The Group Finance Director, the successful applicant's main role is to manage the finance function of two of The Group's properties.
Primary Job Function:
- Reconcile sales and banking daily for each site.
- Produce daily reports as necessary.
- Analyse and process purchase invoices, ensuring that the correct procurement policies have been adhered to.
- Monitor cash movements daily - reporting and updating forecasts.
- Complete bank reconciliation weekly.
- Ensure all month end procedures are completed and providing supporting evidence for all balance sheet codes.
- Produce end of month reports.
- Petty Cash control.
- Assist in maintaining strict security standards to avoid damage, theft or unnecessary wastage.
- Attending meetings and representing the group where required.
- Ensuring any debts owed to the business are collected promptly.
- Managing payments to creditors.
- To provide cover in other areas of the department when required.
- To be aware of and adhere to group health and safety policies.
Success in this role relies on effective time management and excellent attention to detail. Since the Finance Assistant has contact with various departments, as well as external customers and suppliers, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. This is a role for a knowledgeable and versatile individual able to deliver to deadlines. The ability to multi-task and to remain calm and focused under pressure are also critical capabilities for successful performance in this role.