· Day-to-day running of the kitchen/play centre cafe
· Prepare hot/cold food
· Maintaining & cleaning a 5* rated kitchen
· Completing food temperature checks & all legal requirements
· Manage food stock
· Operations Manager
· Centre Staff
· Members of public
· Local Schools, nurseries, clubs, etc.
· To prepare high quality café food- hot or cold and remain consistent in the food served following centre instructions on the ingredients and process;
· Help & serve customers in a friendly & enthusiastic manner on servery counter, providing an excellent level of customer service at all times – ensuring that the team are also providing this level of service.
· Promote any promotional food items at servery.
· Be fully conversant with all operational systems, kitchen appliances & equipment
· To be responsible for the maintenance of all equipment so that the kitchen is fully operational and to Health & Safety standards
· Maintain high standard of deep cleaning to maintain the 5* rated kitchen
· Ensure the kitchen/café is properly equipped & carry out all duties in accordance with the normal operating procedures & Emergency action plans
· Ensure all daily checklists – Open & Close for kitchen are completed accordingly, on time & accurately
· Ensure all appliances in all designated areas have been switched off &/or placed on standby
· Controlling stock levels for kitchen – managing all stock checks are completed thoroughly. Report all shortfalls &/or order of stock to Supervisor/Operations Manager
· To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
· Ensure that the company’s procedures manuals are followed, specifically Employee Handbook, Health & Safety procedures, training, fire safety & day-to-day accounts
· Facilitate in all emergency and security procedures of the building
· Be on-call to cover sickness &/or holidays for colleagues