Xpress Solutions are currently recruiting for an expereinced Production planner based in the heart of Trafford Park.
They supply a wide range of customers from small businesses all the way through to leading brands such as Google, Skype, David Lloyd and Selfridges.
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Manager, the Production Planner will work closely with; Production, Order Processing, Logistics, Customer Services and Sales Team to create a production plan that optimises the production facilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raises and distributes daily / weekly production schedules for the Production Department(s) by the analysis of actual and` forecasted sales orders.
- To liaise with Shift Supervision to determine the progress of work and completion dates along with relevant processing requirements.
- Prioritises sales orders for production optimisation.
- Data analysis of production performance in order to liaise with Production Management in identifying and resolving inefficiencies.
- Liaises with associated departments in order to ensure the efficient flow of product and information support to meet production requirements.
- Complete status reports to identify production progress.
- Full interaction with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiency.
- Provide additional information as requested for other non-production departments, e.g. Sales, Customer Service and Accounting.
- To engage with IT support in in ongoing training and development in the use of the Company's ERP system
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 12 months' experience as a Production Planner within a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft excel advanced user
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working using an established ERP system.
- Educated to GCSE level minimum.
To apply for this role please submit your CV or call 0161 484 3800
XPRESS Solutions acts an employment agency for temporary or permanent staff. We recruit for roles based in Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Industrial, Driving and Administration.
View our latest jobs today on our website Xpresssolutions.co.uk and follow us on Facebook:
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will hold all applicants information on file for 6 months and if we have any other roles we feel suitable we will contact you in due course.