My client, a specialist engineering company are now seeking a Store's Manager to join their rapidly expanding company.
You will be reporting to the Engineering manager and you will have one person reporting to you and your role will be to take ownership of the department and to manage all aspects of the stock and equipment within the stores.
Your role will as follows:
- Assist the Engineering Manager in the design, implementation and maintenance of Stores layout
- Manage inventory levels to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained
- Receiving all goods in from suppliers and cross referencing against delivery notes.
- Catalogue and maintain plant spare parts on in house stock control system
- Managing and progressing warranty claims
- Ensure availability of parts required for planned outages/maintenance works
- Implementation and maintenance of a consumables list
- Keep orders and purchase orders updated in Computer system point.
- Setting up and train new starters on the stock control system.
- Maintain hard copy of purchasing system for back up and external auditing.
- Conduct periodic stock checks on main stores and all satellite stores.
- Ensure Stores security and health & safety is maintained; act as fire marshal.
- Ensure access to the Stores during core operational hours.
- Diary management for meeting room use and provision of required facilities, refreshments, etc.
- Management of hire equipment to include monitoring location and upkeep.
Dimensions and limits of authority:
- Plans and arranges own work to meet set objectives
- Required to use initiative in the use of skills related to work
- Job involves some reactive and some proactive elements
- Work normally controlled/reviews on a monthly reporting basis
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and qualifications:
- Accurate, with keen attention to detail
- Specialist knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Experience of stock management systems essential
The key for this role, is that they are seeking an individual who is looking to make a positive impact on the department and take ownership of the stores function, as at the moment the engineers are running rough shod and they are losing track of equipment and consumables.
They are seeking someone, who can organise, plan and develop the stores function, but working alongside the engineering manager, make sure that enough equipment, spares and other items will be on hand to cover new works, maintenance as well as breakdown repairs.
The ideal person would probably be someone who has run an RQMS (T) function in the military, or similar in the civilian sector.
For more information click APPLY