Semi Senior Accountant
Semi Senior Accountant - Top 15 Firm!
Out client is currently recruiting for an AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA Trainee Semi Senior with 1-2 years' experience.
The partners and staff provide a range of accounting, audit, taxation and management accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of clients. As well as SMEs they also look after the business concerns of very small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships and the affairs of some large businesses with much more complex, technical requirements.
This role may be ideal for an ambitious individual from a smaller firm wanting to move to a Top 15 firm or for someone currently in an environment where there is limited opportunity for progression - the right person can expect early responsibility and will progress through the ranks and play a real role in the future of this practice.
Roles & Responsibilities for the Semi Senior Accountant in Letchworth:
- Preparation of financial statements, year-end accounts, other accounting and finance returns (VAT, management figures
- The primary focus of the role will be to assist managers and supervisors in preparing accounts for a variety of business. These accounts will be for direct review by managers
- To assist managers, supervisors and seniors in the delivery and completion of audit work
The ideal candidate for the Semi Senior Accountant in Letchworth will:
- ACA or ACCA trainees with 1-2 years' experience; or AAT qualified with some substantial audit
- To be considered for this role you must have experience in audit and accountancy including the handling of a portfolio of clients in a professional manner
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level
- Knowledge of Sage, Viztopia and the ProAudit packages will be advantagous
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on the open job vacancy and the business
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary and fully funded ACCA study
- 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.00am to 5:00pm
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday
- The ability to 'purchase' extra days of leave in salary
- Private medical insurance at discounted
- Private dental cover at discounted
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
- Life assurance (4x)
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme