Health & Safety Administartor
HEALTH & SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Human Resources function as HS&E Systems Coordinator for the HS&E Wellbeing team. This role will play an essential support function in the implementation of HS&E excellence.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting into the Safety Manager, the HS&E Administrator will be part of the success of HS&E ways of working, maintenance and improvement of HS&E Policy and Systems, the efficient execution of excellent training and data recording, while providing information to support the Functional HS&E Coordinators.
Central HS&E Coordination & Communications
- Assist in creation and issuing of HS&E communications
- Administer supplies of safety footwear and other PPE
- Track and monitor first aid and fire marshal provision.
- Support the administration of HS&E related claims.
- Support production of the monthly HS&E executive director reports.
- Make arrangements for regular meetings owned by the HS&E Wellbeing team, ensure data owners provide content in PowerPoint and circulate pre-meeting information in good time.
- Take minutes at HS&E meetings and circulate after meetings in good time.
- Research and purchase cost effective suppliers and equipment for HS&E.
- Where possible, respond to queries by pointing the enquirer to the related policy as well as giving additional information or support as required.
- Identify and report on common questions that do not have an associated policy or help document.
- Provide coordination and course ownership for existing internal HS&E training programmes through LMS; course set up, delegate approval, recording learning, delegate questions, changes etc.
- Manage existing internal HS&E training programmes resource; room bookings, venue bookings, lunch bookings, resource bookings, instructor bookings, logistics, course materials, pre-course administration and learning.
- Create feedback reports from survey data for internal training. Analyse and report on common themes.
- Manage requests from across for HS&E training requirements in line with the training process
- Where possible. Support relationships with third party partners, suppliers & Contractors.
Systems, reporting and business compliance
- Maintain HS&E systems; AssessNET, FleetRiskManager, starter-leaver processes, HS&E actions tracker, Functional HS&E Actions Trackers, COSHH, DSE etc.
- Create reports by pulling on numerous data sources to demonstrate business position on accidents closure and response, compliance, audits, costs etc.
- Centrally arrange health checks for staff; Occupational Health, driver eyesight tests and driver medicals etc. as appropriate
- Coordinate Functional HS&E Coordinators to get people booked.
- Manage bookings and attendance; set up appointments, patient approval, reminder emails, record attendance.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Good level of IT skills especially Excel
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good understanding of Road Traffic Act 1988.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Good understanding of HSE advise for 'driving for work' and 'motorsport'.
- Good understanding of legislation requirements overseas, or ability to source.
- A passion for work related safety and the environment.
- Confidence to suggest improvements to existing ways of working.
- Flexibility to manage last minute changes, requests, challenges.
- Ability to see what needs doing and highlight it or get it done.
- Calm and logical under pressure.
- Self-assured, no-nonsense approach without over-confidence.
- Understanding, patience and empathy.
- Can maintain an adult approach during challenging exchanges with peers.
This will be a temporary role for initially 3 to 6 months (possibility to extend)