Business Development Manager
We are one of the UK's leading event, digital and video agencies with 30 years' experience in the live events industry. We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and experienced BDM to expand our sales and develop relationships with new clients across a range of target sectors.
We're looking for someone with a track record within sales/business development - ideally within the events, event production, event technology sector or an affiliated industry. You may currently be working for an AV production or event technology company but looking to develop your career with a more creative and forward moving event agency.
Reporting to the directors, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities. The role encompasses the full sales process from research of potential clients, securing appointments, developing relationships, gaining briefs, preparing and presenting proposals.
- To generate new business opportunities across targeted sectors and selected client organisations
- To research and identify potential clients and decision makers and pursue new sales opportunities in agreed market sectors and agreed target organisations
- To fully understand the company's offerings and engage with all teams within the business to be able to explain and demonstrate to potential customers how Glasgows can provide creativity, innovation and VFM
- To cold call within relevant market place to ensure robust pipeline of opportunities
- To set up meetings with decision makers, project leaders and key business managers, including procurement teams, to present Glasgows credentials
- To secure project briefs and ITTs, preferably in person, (or by email or phone), from decision makers and/or budget holders
- To actively engage in internal briefing and customer communications
- To convert opportunities by leading proposal development and pitches working with the wider agency team
You will have a track record within sales/business development - ideally within the events, event production, event technology sector or an affiliated industry. You may currently be working for an AV production or event technology company but looking to develop your career with a more creative and forward moving event production and interactive technology agency.
- Personable and professional with excellent and engaging interpersonal skills
- Relevant commercial and operational experience in the events industry - ideally within an events production or event technology or AV company
- Solid understanding of event technologies
- Proven track record within sales/business development in this or an aligned sector
- Strong prospecting and selling skills
- Relationship builder
- Sales planning/identification of customer needs and challenges
- Have excellent presentation skills
- Experience in securing preferred supplier status with corporate clients
- Organised, self-motivated and disciplined
- Experience of multichannel approach to new business - telemarketing/social/digital
- Tenacity and drive, going the extra mile
- Can work independently or part of a larger project team
- Full clean driving license
For more information please click APPLY