Our client is a leading service provider within the legal Sector. Due to their growth, they are now looking to recruit a Java Developer to join the business based in Newport.
We require a multi-faceted Java developer to join the IT department to be involved in development and support of our client's systems and environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Day to day development, support and monitoring of their internal and external systems and hardware. This includes servers, workstations and printers.
* Day to day development and support of their user environment, which include our own Java based software and third-party applications.
* Develop and maintain integrations with business partners using SOAP and JSON REST API's.
* Knowledge of developing, deploying and maintaining applications on a cloud based infrastructure such as AWS would be beneficial.
* Advise and implement where possible any improvements that can be made to their systems.
* Able to take enhancement requests from management and see them through to implementation. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with management.
* Compile business reports for management or staff when required, this may involve interrogating databases directly with SQL commands.
* Excellent organisational skills to enable you to productively manage development and support.
* Good attention to detail.
* Effective communication.
* Ability to deal with daily support and development of their systems.
* Centos / Amazon Linux, KVM, DRBD
* Tomcat, Apache, PostgreSQL
* Java 7 / 8
* Spring Framework, SOAP, JSON
* HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, AngularJS
* Amazon Web Services