Resident Medical Officer Critical Care Doctor (RMO)
Resident Medical Officer – RMO (Critical Care /ITU) London Bridge Hospital, SE1 2PR.
Award winning London Bridge Hospital part of the HCA Healthcare UK group has an international reputation for excellence. Renowned for bringing innovative cutting-edge services and treatments into the private sector, the hospital holds a prestigious Laing and Buisson award for excellence and has been rated “Outstanding” by the CQC 2017.
With over 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres, we're one of the UK's largest independent hospitals. We specialise in acute and complex care, and use the latest technologies and healthcare innovations to give you exceptional treatment.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to advance their medical career in private practice to work alongside top teaching specialist Consultants in a busy 18 bed ICU/HDU/Critical Care unit treating a wide variety of complex critically ill patients from the UK and International patients.
Out unit is equipped with the latest technology and provides the highest level of dedicated, continuous and specialised care to Critical Care Level 2 and 3 patients with complex needs.
As a full time doctor, you only need to commit to 1 X 24 hours shift every 5 days
The role requires SPR level experience and trained in Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia.
This role will work in a small team of RMOs working at Registrar level and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our Critical Care areas.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Consultants and Nursing professionals to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
This is an excellent learning environment to excel your knowledge with a diverse range of specialist patients.
- Salary £65000- £70000k pa dependent upon experience.
- Permanent Contract
- Shift Pattern, 1 X 24hr shift every 5 days.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a very busy unit a vast range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of successful completion foundation training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
- Evidence of specialist training Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia ST3 and above FICM/FPM/RCoA - desirable
About The IndividualWorking in this role would be ideal for a SPR Level Doctor who aspires to have a consultant career in Critical Care. This opportunity will provide pre-CMT valuable experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements in complex care.