RMO Oncology Specialist Inpatients ( SPR)
The London Bridge Hospital, Private Care at Guy's Hospital is a modern, private cancer facility offering outstanding care in Central London. We're committed to offering the latest innovations and treatments, including minimally invasive surgery to aid faster recovery.
The London Bridge at Guy's has Europe's first integrated robotics theatre which includes a dual-console da Vinci robotic system, allowing us to carry out more minimally invasive urology procedures.
The facility offers a calm and reassuring environment to help clients feel the best you can during your recovery. Our chemotherapy treatment suite has panoramic views and a beautiful outside space.
Located on the top flour floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy's Hospital, Private Care at Guy's is part of the the London Bridge Hospital campus. With £38.2 million investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility allows London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. We are proud to partner with Guy's Hospital, a world leader in advancing medicine and care. The full address of this facility is Great Maze Pond, London SE1 3PU
We offer both full time and part time contract. As a full time doctor, you only need to commit to 1 X 24hr shift every 5 days.
This vacancy is open between 31/01/2018 and 28/02/2018
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Middle Grade Doctor with specialist area of Oncology to work in our new Cancer Centre a 22 bedded oncology inpatient unit which covers all haematology and oncology patients including stem cell transplantation. There are also 18 chairs in our chemo day unit and the oncology RMO would also be reviewing any unwell patients on treatment.
We offer salary range of £55,000 to £65,000 pa (Full time equivalent) for the right candidate.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management from Admission through to Discharge.
- To be part of a team that provides immediate first line assessment and resuscitation for critically ill patients throughout the hospital.
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate.
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
MBBS medical qualification
Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
SPR/Registrar Level practice experience essential in Oncology
Evidence of successful completion of CT/ST1 & 2 training/competences
Post holder must hold current ALS certificate