RMO- Oncology Specialist Doctor
Are you an Oncology SPR trained doctor than can commit to X2 12 hour shifts per week? Have you considered working regularly at the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group in London.
Since 2008 HCA Healthcare UK has invested £100m in cancer services and its cancer network. Providing the best quality care and treatments for cancer patients from diagnosis to surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiotherapy, research and clinical trials and survivorship programmes.
We are expanding our permanent Oncology Doctor rota and looking to recruit X4 Oncology trained registrars than can commit to x2 12 hour shifts per week to be based at our Princess Grace Hospital.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We are actively recruiting Middle Grade Oncology Trained Doctors on X2 12 Hour shifts per week on a permanent contract.
We offer salary range of £55,000 to £65,000 pa pro rata
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management from Admission through to Discharge.
- To be part of a team that provides immediate first line assessment and resuscitation for critically ill patients throughout the hospital
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate.
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full registration with the GMC, license to practice and a complete record for their training to date.
- ST4 or above ( NHS Training equivalent ), specifically in Oncology
- MRCP desired.