RMO Specialist - Oncology Inpatients Doctor
The focus of our Cancer Centre at The Harley Street Clinic, from the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to leading drug development and treatment options, is centered on the needs of the individual person. We continually invest in the latest technology and expertise to provide the most advanced private facility in Europe.
The Harley Street Clinic treats all cancers at all ages. We are able to provide the right comprehensive care for our patients throughout their journey from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Our leading cancer consultants work closely in a multidisciplinary team with our specialist nurses, and allied health professionals to provide comprehensive clinical care.
We also offer a full range of professional holistic services for those living with and beyond cancer, from nutrition and dietary advice, to complementary therapies and specialist counselling.
We are recruiting for Resident Medical Officers – Cancer Doctors equivalent to NHS ST2/ST3 and above for the Oncology Wards to support our medical teams.
Full and part time hours available at our award winning The Harley Street Hospital in Central London.
Salary dependent upon experience – up to £65000 plus a vast range of benefits
- Funded Study Leave;
- Guaranteed annual salary review and appraisals;
- Private Pension;
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
- Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
- HCA Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
We are supportive of training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as a PhD. We are looking to extend this co operation with NHS facilities and Research Institutes for doctors who also wish to go out of programme to study for other qualifications such as management degrees and diplomas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a Resident Medical Officer on the Oncology Ward you will work as Registrar level with clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met. All patients are admitted under a Consultant who is responsible for the overall management.
- Responsible for providing medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty. Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist . Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs. Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients. Attend Committee, in house training and other relevant meetings as required.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Oncology Ward Experience
- Evidence of successful completion of CT/ST1 & 2 training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate