My client is an international legal practice based near Liverpool street with the firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. They are currently seeking a revenue controller to join their finance team for a 12 month fixed term contract and can pay up to £42,000 depending on your experience!
Department purpose and structure The Revenue department's function is to maximise the speed with which work in progress (WIP) is turned into bills for the London office. The Revenue team is responsible for the WIP and billing for all practice areas within London. The team is also responsible for the general housekeeping of WIP and the production of various reports for internal and external clients.
The Revenue Controllers liaise with Partners and fee earners to ensure bills are rendered on time and accurately and ensure the firm adheres to client agreements, Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT regulations. The role has responsibility for managing and controlling the office's "Work In Progress" asset and ensuring that both partners and clients receive accurate and timely financial information.
Role and responsibilities of the revenue controller:
- Monthly meetings with partners to review current matters
- Comprehensive follow-up of action items, such as time transfer, time write off, dispatch of billing guides, disbursements, queries etc.
- Conducting rigorous follow-up procedures by chasing partners and fee earners to ensure pledged bills materialise
- Drafting narrative in support of bills, drafting monthly and quarterly bills for clients
- Preparation and processing of bills to ensure time and disbursements are accurately charged and allocated
- Maintenance of billing profile ensuring regular updates to give accurate estimates
- Providing detailed financial information in support of bills, i.e. hourly schedules, disbursements and narrative breakdowns
- Checking bills thoroughly before sending to partners and clients
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from clients, partners and fee earners relating to billing
- Liaison with the Revenue team in Belfast
- Keep partners and clients advised on a daily/weekly basis of how fees are being accrued
- Promoting and creating the use of the Pricing Model and providing appropriate support and assistance to partners and associates
- Providing technical 3E support to Legal PAs in their enhanced billing role
- Liaising with the lead relationship partners to ensure that rate agreements are reviewed in a timely manner and that the Clients Rate Database is subsequently updated
- Managing Working Capital Lock Up Days - to regularly review WIP lock up days for partner matters and to monitor trigger points of billing / write offs, so ensuring early revenue action to maintain optimum working capital hygiene from a WIP perspective. To also potentially flag any debtor issues to partners that may be impacting the Lock Up profile to ensure the partner is well informed of any exposures.
Ad-Hoc duties required from time to time may include the following:
- ad hoc projects
- Assisting other teams as and when cover is required
- Reporting on specific clients or client groups
- Ad hoc reports
- Commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective relationships. Gains respect and makes a credible contribution.
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Shares knowledge and skills, and provides and accepts feedback
- Excellent communicator and confident in interaction with others. Listens and understands issues from all perspectives and values other opinions
- Delivers tasks in a professional and organised way with limited supervision and responsive to immediate priorities.
- Committed to the maintenance of established processes and systems
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Able to understand the wider business issues and to generate and develop new ideas to add value
- Experience within a Finance function is essential and experience within revenue control would be beneficial
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent (including at least a Grade B in English and Maths)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement