Resident Medical Officer (RMO) Acute Medicine/Oncology
Resident Medical Officer (RMO) - Acute Medicine and Oncology
Salaried Contract £55000-65000k pa
Manchester Location; The Christie Private Care, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX
Full Time Contract. 42 hour working week.
Fixed Term 1 Year to commence in February 2018
An excellent learning environment to excel your knowledge with a diverse range of oncology specialist areas.
We have an excellent opportunity for a junior doctor seeking to gain outstanding experience, sought after specialist knowledge in a consultant led learning environment based our The Christie Private Care facility.
Part of HCA Healthcare UK award winning private healthcare group, The Christie Private Care is a dedicated cancer centre for private and NHS patients, able to diagnose and treat almost all types of cancer. Formed in 2010 as a joint venture with The Christie NHS FT, it is now regarded as one of the leading cancer centres in Europe.
Facilities & Services for adults include:
Private inpatient rooms with exclusive first class facilities, 6 dedicated Hepafilter haematology transplant rooms with ensuite facilities. Day case chemotherapy suite, 8 consulting rooms, Imaging facilities: General x-ray and ultrasound, MRI, PET CT, Mammography, A range of the latest radiotherapy technology, including SIRT, VMAT and cone beam CT, Robotic laparoscopic surgery theatre. Dedicated private patients pharmacy, Critical care and Pathology services
The Christie Clinic has developed its own reputation for excellence, with many of the top oncology consultants from the area choose to treat their private patients with us and our specialist nurses and supportive care professionals are one of the reasons for this. We value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit
This role will work onsite in a team of RMO's, junior doctors, working in acute inpatient oncology ward looking after patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy and immunotherapy to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff.
- Full Time Contract. 42 hour working week. Shifts 08.00 to 20.00 and 20.00 to 08.00
- Salary £50000 - £65000pa dependent upon experience.
- Fixed Term Contract 1 Year
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, ALS Training, study allowance, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- To consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- To undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration).
Skills & Experience
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC,
- MRCP or MRCS (or equivalent) desirable
- Acute Medicine and/or Oncology experience desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player