Compliance - High End Global Investment Manager - London HQ
Founded in the 1990's, our client is one of the world’s leading alternative investment managers. They enjoy a strong reputation in the industry for their success, influence and innovation, built by a dedicated team of people working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture.
We are running a search for a bright, enthusiastic and unassuming compliance professional to join their in-house compliance team. The successful candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills, be commercially aware, and be comfortable taking on responsibility in a busy and changing environment. It's a great platform, and one from which people rarely leave - this hire is the direct result of an internal move.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Deliver, mainly to the UK business, day-to-day regulatory work and, in a pressured environment, support and advice.
- Assess the effectiveness of current policies, procedures and controls by undertaking monitoring of selected areas in accordance with the firm’s compliance monitoring programme, and assist in the ongoing enhancement of that monitoring.
- Establish and maintain relationships at all levels of the business and within the Compliance team primarily in London and globally.
- Assist in the analysis of, and implementation of appropriate responses to, new or changed regulatory requirements in conjunction with other members of the Compliance team.
- Assist in the drafting and updating of firm and group-wide policies and procedures, delivery of compliance training to the business, and aspects of local regulatory reporting.
- Prepare MI and other reports on compliance and regulatory issues for senior management, the firm’s governing bodies, boards of funds managed by the firm.
Qualifications and key attributes:
- Educated to degree standard
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a sound knowledge of technology.
- Confident and articulate, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent report writing ability.
- Good attention to detail and sound planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills.
For further information please contact Catherine Cook in confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960126901