HCA Joint Ventures is an innovative branch of HCA International, working in partnership with NHS Trusts across the country.
This Joint Venture is a partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester, which saw the launch of The Christie Clinic in September 2010.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Clinic builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities in the £35 million Oak Road patient treatment centre. There are continuing redevelopment works to extend both inpatient and outpatient facilities at The Christie Clinic.
As an employee of HCA Healthcare we'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private healthcare coverage, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
The Healthcare Assistant will assist clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients. They will perform administrative duties as required, facilitating the smooth running of the department and will aid the patients journey and experience of being in hospital.
Hours: 37.5 hours/ week, working various shifts (includes nights and weekends).
Salary: £17,219 - £19,501 (dependent on candidate experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide basic nursing care to patients under the supervision of trained staff
- Carry out basic observations and record the results
- Monitor stock levels and order stock and non-stock items as delegated (in the absence of the housekeeper)
- Ensure clinical areas are kept tidy
- Clean and check equipment, reporting faults
- Demonstrate a caring and supportive manner to patients and relatives
- Escort patients as required, either within the hospital or beyond
- Undertake administrative duties as required
- To support the team in ensuring Patient Satisfaction Surveys are given to all patients and collected prior to discharge
- To participate in phlebotomy once adequately trained
Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Previous Healthcare Assistant experience within a Hospital
- Good communication skills
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills and will strive to ensure customer focus and satisfaction. They will have the ability to work indecently as well as within a team and will have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the department. Punctuality and professionalism are a must.