RMO Specialist Paediatric Doctor ( PICU)
Part of leading hospital group HCA Healthcare UK, The Portland Hospital in London offers extensive Critical Care Facilities for children up to the age of 16 which means that we are fully equipped to treat many complex and specialist areas of paediatric care.
Our purpose built, 7 bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), is supported by a team of experienced Paediatric Intensive Care Consultants from the UK’s largest children’s teaching hospital. It is a level 3 PICU which is the highest intensive care level available, meaning that it can treat child patients requiring support for multi-organ failure and/or advanced respiratory support.
Utilising the expert skills of the Surgeons, Intensivists and specialist Intensive Care Nurses we can care for children undergoing major surgery as well as acutely and chronically unwell children admitted for medical assessment and treatments.
The unit offers support for specialties including spinal surgery, neurology, ENT, urology, gastroenterology and orthopaedics.
We are actively looking to expand our permanent rota of specialist Paediatric SPR doctors on the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit rota based at The Portland Hospital.
This role will work in a small team of specialist medical professionals and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our PICU area.
Contract Type: Part Time - Permanent
Shift patterns: X12 Hours per week on a rota which includes weekdays and weekend
Salary: £70000 - £75000 pa pro rata
Additional Benefits: Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a busy unit with a vast range of children's complex cases, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Child Health Teaching Consultants and to ensure that children’ treatment and their families needs are met.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
• MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• Registered with the GMC
• Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
• Holds a current licence to practice.
• Paediatric Intensive Care Unit qualifications and experience
• Success in FRCA Primary MCQ Examination or equivalent by date of application
• Success in Primary FRCA or equivalent