Fire Alarm "On Demand" Engineer
Due to continual growth, one of the UK's largest, NSI Gold certificated independent installers of Fire and Security Systems now have an opportunity for an experienced On-Demand Engineer to join their team to cover the London and South East Home Counties patch. Established for over 25 years, they have built their reputation on not only producing well engineered, competitive solutions but also offering an after-sales service that is second to none. The successful On-Demand Engineer will be joining a team of highly skilled people who work on a range of varying projects from simple installations to multi-million-pound networked systems and who offer nationwide coverage for the supply, installation & maintenance of their products. This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company where you can increase your earnings through overtime and also have a platform to progress your career.
What are they offering?
- Door to Door Travel - you will be paid for ALL travel time!
- 33 Days Holiday Entitlement (to include Bank Holidays)
- Working hours 8am to 5pm
- Basic salary to £30k - realistic OTE £37k plus
- Favourable call out of just one in 11, with a standby rate and overtime is paid for any call-outs attended at whatever overtime rate is in force at the given time.
- Incentive payment - We offer an incentive payment of 5% parts and install on any small works leads that are converted to order that are generated by the engineer, capped at £250 payment
- Overtime readily available
- Company Vehicle - The car can be used in personal time
- Laptop / Mobile / PDA
- Pension - 3% of Annual Salary
- In-House and external Training
What are they asking for?
You will be an experienced Engineer with significant experience on a variety of fire systems as much of your time will be spent rectifying faults - anything from a simple device change, chasing wiring faults to major component & C&E changes. This role will also include a small amount of commissioning along with the occasional maintenance visit. Experience of working with Ziton, Advanced, GENT, ADT, Protec, Notifier, Morley and Kentec systems would be advantageous as these are the systems you will most commonly work with.
- 85% Fault Finding, 10% Commissioning, 5% Routine Maintenance
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with client requirements and expectations in a timely manner, with client sign off and all necessary photographic recording is performed
- You will have experience in fault finding on a variety of fire systems and able to carry out minor commissioning works. In addition, experience working on intruder, access control and CCTV systems would be beneficial however not essential as training can be provided.
- The ideal candidate will be based within the M25 or surrounding areas, you should possess a customer orientated approach and be able to demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised.
- Good organisational skills are an absolute must
- Preferably you will hold a recognised electrical/electronic qualification.
- You are required to be in possession of a full clean driving licence and have no criminal convictions, a criminal record background check will be undertaken upon commencement of employment.
Palmer McCarthy Solutions Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency for their client on this role. As specialists in the Security, Property + Sales sectors we are always interested in talking to Manned Guarding + Security Systems Operations Managers/Directors, Sales + Business Development professionals, Corporate Security Officers and those that work in support functions within our specialist areas.