Internal Auditor with SOx experience - Central London
This exciting multinational business has experienced dramatic growth and has made substantial acquisitions over the last 2-3 years resulting in significant growth of it’s internal audit team and is now seeking an experienced auditor with experience of SOx controls and audit.
The London based team has both business and IT audit specialists and also has a co-source arrangement in place for SOx testing. The Director of Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded audit team and Internal Audit is considered a true “business partner” with a demonstrable track record of moving people on within the organisation – both within audit and also on into the wider business in mainstream finance. Previous members of the business audit team have had the opportunity to develop their careers with promotions within audit or more typically moving into finance - both in London and internationally. In fact there is such a strong culture of progression that only one person has left the team externally in the last six years! – not many Internal audit teams can claim that!
The Director of Audit is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic auditor with some experience of SOx to join the focussed but friendly team. Reporting into the SOx Manager (for whom this person will be the natural succession plan in the next 18 months), a key part of the role will centre on streamlining and harmonising SOx controls and processes worldwide to ensure a consistent and efficient control environment. In addition you will gain the opportunity to work on other audits and thereby diversify your experience working as part of the wider audit team who undertake a wide range of financial, operational, compliance and even some IT audits.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be of graduate calibre with a finance/business related degree
- EITHER have a grounding in internal audit/SOx within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment OR
- Be an experienced external auditor from a larger practice firm with some exposure to SOx audits.
- Demonstrate a high degree of ambition, passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the flexibility to travel for up to 45% of the time. The travel will mainly be to the US but could also include Europe
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity and due to visa restrictions, candidates with an EU passport are preferred. On offer is a salary up to £50,0000 according to experience plus bonus and benefits. The role is central London based but will require international travel up to 45% over a year