RMO- Specialist Adult Critical Care Doctor ( SPR Level )
If you are a dedicated healthcare professional looking to progress your career with an internationally renowned hospital group, you have arrived at the right place. HCA Healthcare UK is the largest private specialist complex care hospital group in Central London and has an international reputation for excellence in healthcare.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK Group, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities.
Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients.
The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to work as part of the Medical team in the Critical Care Units to develop and maintain close working relationships with consultant users, nursing, allied health professionals and other staff in the hospital.
Patients are treated in first class private rooms with the latest in innovative treatments and cutting edge technology with the highest of dignity, respect and healthcare standards.
The role requires management of Critical Care patients levels 1 – 3 including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
We are actively seeing to recruit an experienced Critical Care / Adult ITU Doctor trained at Registrar level to complement the existing permanent doctors rota.
- X2 12 hour shifts per week
- Permanent Contract
- Salary £65000-75000 per annum ( pro rata )
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Our Level 3 unit is exceptionally busy with a vast range of short stay complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
• The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
• This role will work in a small team of RMOs working at Registrar level and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our Critical Care areas.
• You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Consultants and Nursing professionals to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
• This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
• You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
MBBS medical qualification. Registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
Evidence of specialist training in Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia,
FICM/FPM/RCoA – desirable
Current ALS Certificate
Must be competent to intubate patients unsupervised
About The Individual
Working in this role would be ideal for a Junior Doctor who aspires to have a consultant career in Critical Care. This opportunity will provide the foundations in training pre CMT through experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements. This role also allows for academic study and research opportunities.
Exception communication skills and compassionate medical skills able to demonstrate good clinical practice at all times.