ITU / Critical Care Doctor
Employer: HCA Healthcare UK
Current Vacancies: The Harley Street Clinic, The Wellington Hospital, Princess Grace and London Bridge Hospital.
Develop your medical career with HCA Healthcare UK, world’s largest private hospital healthcare group to specialise in complex care.
Become a member of our multidisciplinary teams and you’ll dedicate yourself wholly to individual patients requiring multi-organ support, helping to deliver some of the most complex and advanced medical interventions in the world. .
Demonstrated by our 2017 CQC ‘Outstanding’ ratings across the group, our team of exceptional medical and nursing experts always go the extra mile for our patients and colleagues.
This is an excellent learning environment to excel your knowledge with a diverse range of specialist patients. Our level 3 Adult Critical Care facilities operate over 100 beds across 5 sites and have developed a broad range of cases from liver and renal transplants to neurosurgery and cardiac surgery.
Contract Type: Part Time or Full Time permanent or bank contracts
Work Hours: Shift patterns,12 or 24 hours including weekends
Salary: £70000 - £75000 pa (full time salary)
- Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- All of our unit are Level 3 and are exceptionally busy with a vast range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- This role will work in a small team of RMOs working at Registrar level and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our Critical Care areas.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Consultants and Nursing professionals to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
To apply for this role you will need:
- MBBS medical qualification. Registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of specialist training in Critical Care/ITU and Anaesthesia,
- FICM/FPM/RCoA – desirable
- Current ALS Certificate