IT/CyberSec Senior Internal Audit Manager - London based MNC
This dynamic and challenging listed US multinational is the global leader in it’s key market and has continued to grow both organically and through several acquisitions to over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide. It has recently completed a substantial and successful “game changing” acquisition/merger and as a result, has just launched an exciting new brand.
The Global Head of Internal Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded global audit team of c20 – most of whom are based in London. Internal Audit is positioned as a true “business partner” and is seen as a key value adding function right up to CFO/main board level. The Global Head is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is perceived as a training ground for high performing talent. Typically members of the audit team spend 2-3 years in audit before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure progression opportunities within other parts of the business - both in the UK and overseas. Hence the business has an excellent and demonstrable track record of staff retention and development.
The audit team is split between Business Audit and IT Audit approximately 2/3rds to 1/3rd by headcount. IT is central to the operations of the business and so IT risk management is key – particularly IT security risks and hence why there is a proportionally much larger IT audit team than you might normally find. After Sales, IT represents the largest function in the business by headcount so the scope for onward progression into IT operations is huge. The business is truly global so you can expect to travel for 30%-40% of the time – to both short haul and long haul destinations. Technically the work is challenging because like any acquisitive business, they have a wide range of IT systems and applications. The technical nature of the work will be broad covering a mixture of Infrastructure, Applications (including overlapping business controls), IT Process audits and Change Management/Project audits. However, this is not a vanilla IT audit role – a significant part of your work will be focused on cybersecurity, data privacy and related issues so you need to have a genuine passion for this area in addition to IT Audit. Emerging technologies and issues such as The Cloud, Data Privacy, Data/Cyber Security and GDPR are all key to the 2018 audit plan.
As a result of his internal promotion, the Director of IT Audit is currently seeking a passionate and commercially “sharp” Senior Manager/Number 2 to help ensure delivery of the annual IT audit plan. Reporting to the Director of IT Audit, this opportunity carries full responsibility for leading the planning, scoping and delivery of a range of audits. You will be responsible for leading the team in the field and preparing the reports for audit committee. Although this is a true managerial role, you will also need to role your sleeves up on occasion and undertake some of the fieldwork yourself – though this would normally be aligned to the more challenging or sensitive areas of the plan. Once established you can expect to play an increasing role in risk assessment, developing further your relationships with key stakeholders at Business Head and IT Leadership level and playing a key role in shaping the annual audit plan.
As the ideal candidate for this key role, you:
- Must hold an IT/business related degree or MSc
- Must be CISA/CISM qualified or have an equivalent IT/Security qualification
- Have a GENUINE passion for IT and Cyber Security and it’s impact across the business as well as being up to date with current trends and best practice
- Have a minimum of c7 years experience covering a wide range of IT/Cyber Security audits either within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment or within a larger practice firm (US/ IT SOX experience is beneficial)
- Should demonstrate a high degree of ambition and a track record of career progression including experience of managing and leading audits
- Will have the confidence and ability to communicate with, and to influence, senior stakeholders
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Need to be flexible to travel for up to 40% of the time. Travel will be a mixture of both short haul and long haul (US, Canada, Far East)
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary in the range £70,000-£75,000 plus bonus and benefits. The role is London based but will require international travel.