Our client are a longstanding British company, headquartered in Exeter with operations across the UK including their Plymouth site where this role is based. They have an envious reputation and are renowned for supplying the highest quality end product in their market.
Following a period of significant growth and external investment, they have ambitious and exciting plans to expand both the manufacturing capacity and retail operations. Enhancing the purchasing function is vital to achieving this growth and presents an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. As well as day to day operations, you will have a close link to prototype development.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Central Engineering) and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
- Communicate across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring alignment of projects and expectations.
- To pro-actively work with departmental managers to rapidly identify major procurement opportunities and deliver a series of quick wins that will enhance profitability
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- Identify and researches potential new suppliers
- Research new products and services to meet company's goals
- Assess total costs of company purchases to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
What are we after?
- A "can do" and "in this together" attitude and approach to work
- Good track record of component sourcing and supply chain scaling
- Stimulated by a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and considers business impacts of decisions and proposals
- Able to communicate complex information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of seniority
- Customer focused
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
In return, the organisation offers a good place to work with a sensible work life balance including an early finish every Friday so you can enjoy a long weekend. The expansion plans present a good long term move for the right individual.
25 days holiday, Pension, 15 % bonus, Life assurance (4 x basic annual salary), Healthcare, Critical illness cover, access to online benefits platform