Role: SOC Analyst
Location: South Coast
Clearance: Must be eligible for UK DV Clearance
CND are currently partnering a global defence organisation looking to add a talented SOC Analyst to their function on the South Coast. This organisation is proud of their high-calibre talent, resources and the retention of the staff they have in their ranks.
This is a great opportunity to join an energetic and good humoured team of highly skilled security analysts working in a dynamic environment. The function is responsible for the cyber security on a large estate of information systems operating on a global scale. For the successful candidate this would be a great chance to join an impressive team who and develop your career further.
Major Tasks and Activities
- Analysis of security events and escalation as required
- Security device monitoring
- Incident/alert investigation
- Writing IDS/IPS signatures
- Creating SIEM rules for alerting
- Analysis of network traffic and analysis of log data
Knowledge and Experience (required)
- SOC or cyber security analysis experience
- Experience with IDS/IPS
- Experience using SIEM tools
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP, host based forensics and excellent understanding of commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Experience with malware analysis and sandboxing desirable
- Good packet capture experience using tools such as tcpdump and wireshark
- Desirable qualifications include GCIH or GCIA
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.