AWS DevOps Engineer
Excellent £ with benefits
NETbuilder Digital is a full digital service agency, with offices spread across the UK. We are experts in Enterprise Digital Content Management and work alongside the world’s largest and most exciting organisations to deliver highly engaging and personalised digital marketing solutions. Amongst others, our core offering capabilities include UX, Digital, Cloud and DevOps Transformation, Implementation and Managed Services.
NETbuilder Digital’s teams are experts and follow a continuous, collaborative and one team approach with our customers, removing surprises and ensuring that our solutions are fully adopted. Our key principles are to unlock value quickly, focus on the customer journey, break functional silos, build a culture of optimisation, allocating time to learn and measure success. We are under a significant period of growth and are investing in expanding our Brighton office with solution specialists.
AWS DevOps Engineer - Overview
Our DevOps Engineers play a key role in our Managed Services practice and work alongside our flagship clients in the ongoing design, implementation, and continuous improvement of their high-availability AWS platforms. You will have the opportunity to have a direct influence on day to day operations, driving automation and transition of infrastructure to cloud service providers.
- Work with our key clients to design, build and manage highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enable operational reliably 24x7.
- Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure.
- Ensure platforms are delivered with the highest levels of security in mind. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable software engineers to promote code across the different environments with maximum velocity.
- Work tirelessly to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the system.
- Improve the end to end health and performance of the platform ecosystem.
- Promote, document and implement systems infrastructure best practices.
- Provide support during out of hours and on call as required by the business.
Key skills we are looking for?
- Deep knowledge and experience of working with AWS DevOps platforms.
- Configuration Management.
- Deployment Orchestration.
- Git source control.
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be calm and work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently; deploying and troubleshooting systems.
- Analytical by nature to troubleshoot and solve complex System Engineering problems.
- Experience supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures.
- Experience supporting network protocols including IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL.
- Server, storage management and virtualization.
- Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitudes and outlook.
- Experience in enterprise level storage and network technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Why NETbuilder Digital?
Alongside a great cultural environment and reward scheme, at NETbuilder Digital, we value highly your career progression, and as such personal development is at our core and everyone has a tailored progression path designed to suit them.