Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst – Newbury £excellent + great benefits
The future is exciting, #Ready to join our Finance Team as our next Commercial Finance Analyst. Join the team that is the driving force behind the UK’s most valuable brand; connecting people, businesses and communities in the digital world.
This role supports the Technology function with month end reporting, forecasting and in-depth analysis of operational drivers behind Technology Opex and Capex spend. As part of the financial planning and analysis team within Technology finance this role offers exposure to the internal control, reporting and forecasting processes of the organisation as well as operational interaction to review and understand underlying cost base.
The role will also assist in the development and production of reports to support variance analysis and visibility of cost drivers, support Capital governance processes and consolidated reporting.
The Successful applicant will have experience of financial planning and modelling and will have a keen interest in the commercial aspect of the analysis. This role has a wide scope and large cost base and will suit someone with that experience.
- Business partnership: Support operational teams within Technology to understand cost base and variances to plan
- Financial Analysis: Develop models to simplify large data sets to support value added analysis by identifying operational cost drivers and key business trends to support monthly reporting and forecasts and mitigate impact of any risks
- Financial Planning: Support the achievement of business plans and forecasts for operating expenditures, producing standard reporting methodology to consistently track and forecast performance
- Governance & Control: Work closely with the Shared Service Centre and outsourced suppliers to ensure the monthly results are accurately reported and understood and support capital allocation governance
- CIMA / ACCA – Part Qual – required
- Analytical skills – reconciliation / data manipulation
- Complex information to a simple audience
- Experience of questioning assumptions/delivered information/ stress testing
- Commercial experience – required.
- Excel (VBA / Macro) - desirable
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.