Band 4 Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Our client is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to assist in a busy Hospital setting. You will be responsible for ensuring designated suppliers accounts are accurately accounted for within the Trust's financial accounting system through the process of account reconciliation
Type of role: Temporary, 3 months potentially longer
Location: South East London
Pay rate:£10.00 Paye - £12.00 Umbrella (dependent on experience and payment method)
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday working 9.00am to 5.00pm
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
- To ensure all payments for payroll and creditors are processed on time and in accordance with trust procedures, producing authorisation documents for signature, transmit BACS & cheque runs as per laid down procedures
- Manage allocated cash to ensure availability for urgent payments and to guarantee all payment runs are recorded accurately to enable efficient cash flow.
- Investigate and resolve any queried payments outstanding within the ledgers liaising with the Accounts Payable Manager, Accounts Payable Clerk, or Cashier.
- Issue trace forms for lost or un-received payments keeping a control sheet and resolving re-payment.
- Responsible for cancelling and re-issuing BACS & cheques whilst keeping an accurate record of any changes made.
- Control and monitor the supply of cheques ensuring adequate stocks at all times and raising requisitions as and when necessary and ensuring they are securely stored.
Reconcile designated supplier's statements on a monthly basis and resolve outstanding invoices/credit note queries
To deal with all correspondence and telephone calls relating to designated creditor enquiries, both internal and external