Head of Trade Finance Banking Operations
Our Client, a Global Bank, are seeking an exceptionally strong Trade Finance Manager to join them as a Director, to Head up their Trade Finance Banking Operations team of 16.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director and will be Responsible for managing the Trade Finance Team of 16 and ensuring completion of daily obligations
Main Responsibilities of Head of Trade Finance Banking Operations professional:
- Responsible for managing the Trade Finance Team and ensuring completion of daily obligations in accordance with Head Office Rules, regulations, contracts/ agreements industry Standards (CDCS - ISBP745, ISP98, URR 725, UCP600 etc.) and Compliance policy.
- Responsible for ensuring that risks are well understood, documented and that procedures for day to day processing are detailed, well maintained and available to all staff members. Issues are to be identified, remedied and escalated in a timely manner and changes documented.
- Responsible for team performance ensuring high levels of motivation with a mind-set of continuous improvement and a lesson and deliver a first class customer experience.
- Responsible for understanding market trends and industry initiatives and ensuring use of best practice. Use of skills to manage key relationships to achieve cross divisional collaboration for process enhancements and change.
- Responsible for managing the Trade Finance teams to ensure completion of critical business in line with high expectations and full adherence to the banks compliance policies, Regulations and procedures.
- Plan team resources and activities to ensure adequate coverage for Day to day operations and where necessary available support for key initiatives and project under area of remit.
- Provide expert guidance, advice and support to the team to ensure your team meet day to day obligations in accordance with relevant SLA’s, Head office Rules and market practice.
- Responsible for dealing with issues, identifying solutions and, using autonomy, making the decision to solve the situation.
- Responsible for team performance, lead and develop a highly motivated, highly skilled Trade Finance team that can fulfil the objectives of the department.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally to maintain an understanding of industry best practice, to keep up to date with market initiatives and positively influence change.
- Responsible for representing the Bank at industry forums/events in order to keep appraised of industry best practices, Market Initiatives. Prepare reports for feedback to management of these events to ensure up to date information sharing and relevant escalation of changes in case of operational impact.
- Manage a communication framework within the department to facilitate open debate and a method of sharing initiatives and resolving group wide issues.
- Lead a team that embraces a culture of continuous improvement and develops new processes and procedures that deliver improvements and reduce likelihood of errors and incidents. Prepare relevant documentation and obtain relevant sign off.
- Lead and manage; Audits inspection, Head Office visits, Compliance requests and ensure appropriate reporting of findings and events, suitable negotiations on deliverables and demonstrable timely execution of agreed actions and responses.
- Responsible for timely completion of Management Information and Regulatory reporting ensuring accuracy and timely escalations of errors or omission etc.
The successful Trade Finance Banking Operations professional will have:
- Demonstrable experience of day to day Operational and People Management with responsibility for delivering high quality Services to both internal and external Clients.
- Working knowledge of Trade Finance Product with demonstrable application of relevant rules i.e. ISBP745 ISP98 URR 725 UCP600 etc.
- Proven experience of managing people, process and systems in an operations unit.
- Proven experience of process reengineering.
- Proven Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a Securities Services Department i.e. corporate actions etc.
- CDCS Qualified
- Excellent PC Literacy.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960137016