Sterling & Law Associates LLP is a London-based immigration law firm accredited by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) at the highest qualification level 3 allowing to work on the most complex immigration and visa cases. The firm assists corporates and individuals on all immigration law cases, including visa refusals and bail hearings. More details on our firm’s practice: sterling-law.co.uk
We are seeking to fill in the position of a Legal Assistant to work with an Immigration Lawyer for a period of at least 6 months on a full-time basis. We are looking for UK law graduates who would like to start their legal career and interested in Immigration Law.
You will be exposed to the working practices of the firm in the area of immigration law and human rights. This will include contacting clients and assisting with current casework.
Duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assisting the fee earner on a variety of immigration matters
- Preparing various legal documents as instructed
- Assisting in case preparation by providing research and preparing brief as needed
- Responding to client queries both written and over the phone under supervision
- Opening and closing files by using the firm’s case management system
- Carrying out all secretarial duties if required and screening of incoming telephone calls
- Producing invoices and invoice chasing if required
Skills / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to specified deadlines
- Experience within a law firm is desirable but not essential