Fund Analyst, Credit Risk Management
Fund Analyst, Credit Risk Management – Triton Square
Date Closes: 23/02/2018
Ref Number: A21399
Make banking better in a role where no two days are the same
The Funds Credit Risk team within the Wholesale Credit Risk Department is involved in the analysis and credit rating of Hedge funds located in all jurisdictions, and Real Money funds located in all jurisdictions except for Iberia, Poland and Latam. This team supports the activities of all relevant product and geographical trading areas in Santander and requires close on-going liaison with various internal/external stakeholders.
This Position requires an analyst with either previous experience or very strong interest in the Asset Management sector to join a wider team of 8 and have a dual reporting line into the Senior Manager for Hedge Funds and the Senior Manager for Real Money/Traditional Asset Managers & Funds. This role would require a self-starter mindset, and very strong analytical, communication, prioritisation and management information skills.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Fund Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Interpreting, formulating questions and write up onsite due diligences, quickly determine quality and credit rating of a fund, provide detail-rich and analytical credit reviews, and should, under supervision, have direct contact with key personnel within Funds, and communicate with sales on formulating business proposals
- Liaising with on-boarding team to ensure data accuracy, timeliness and prioritisation targets are met
- Working up to managing his/her own portfolio of clients, conducting due diligence, compiling review documents and recommending limits and internal ratings of these fund and asset manager counterparties
- Understanding how relevant metrics are calculated in risk engine.
- Assisting in Legal (ISDA, CDEA & GMRA) negotiations of credit terms for both Hedge & Real Money Funds, knowing when to escalate to senior team members
Minimum skills and experience required
- Credit knowledge across the Fund Industry for European, British and American funds
- Product knowledge of the range of Capital markets/trading products (FX, Fixed Income and Equity Cash and Derivative products), collateral management methodology and legal/documentation issues to allow the risk factors to be thoroughly identified and understood
- Very high degree of Excel and Bloomberg proficiency to assist in exposure investigations. Very high degree of PowerPoint proficiency required to formulate and present proposals to a senior audience
- Ability to work and exercise judgement to tight deadlines as necessary in a trading environment
- Degree educated is highly desirable alongside the successful completion of the CFA
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960130543