Data Engineer ETL, Python
Data Engineer (ETL, Python)
£50,000 - £65,000 + Great Benefits
Data Engineer with strong experience of ETL related projects and strong scripting, ideally Python, required to join a leading big data organisation.
As a Data Engineer you will work with a highly skilled team of data scientist professionals on Terabyte scale projects.
Your duties will include:
- ETL Design and implementation
- Taking ownership of the Amazon data warehosue
- Continually enhance the ETL processes
- Ensure all databases are optimised for performance
- Work with the data science team on code algorithms, improving the structure and code performance
- You will work closely with the data science team on project and R&D work
The ideal set of tools required are as follows however, training in some areas can be provided for the right candidate:
- Strong Python experience in conjunction with ETL tasks
- RDBMS (SQL, MySQL, PostGres, Spark, Kafka)
- Web protocols
- Scripting: Python or PERL.
- Any additional experience of R, Matlab, C++ or Java would be a great added bonus!
This role would suit a skilled Data Engineer who has passion for Data Science and may even look to switch into a hybrid or full Data Scientist role down the line.
I cannot emphasise enough that we represent one of the most interesting organisations in Insight and Analytics where you will work on some of the most interesting and cutting edge, big data work in the UK!
Interested to find out more? Send your CV to Paul Wilson at Arc IT Recruitment
Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Big Data, Insight, Analytics, ETL, Developer, Python, SQL, MySQL, Spark, Kafka, Linux, UNIX, Git
To £65,000 + Benefits