Interim Director of M&A
Acting as Interim Director of M&A for this leading tech firm you will be responsible for driving and growing their first established M&A team. Initially for 6 months there is scope for a permanent position post initial phase.
A Travel Technology Company that acts as a medium between airlines and their customers by providing a backing system for bookings.
This M&A Director role is a 6-month interim role based out of Langley, which will require you to set-up and build an M&A function, with the view of making the Director who drives the project permanent if the function proves its worth in relation to the company's strategic objectives. Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations and M&A, you will have control over the project processes from conception to completion. This will therefore offer you autonomy and control within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The core responsibilities are to:
- Pursue acquisition and divestment opportunities, and to lead M&A transactions and be responsible for their outcome and execution.
- Manage the due-diligence process of examining potential targets/divestitures to further the company's strategic ambitions and execution.
The candidate should combine the ability to offer vision as well as practical application to a situation. He/she should be able to create high impact, command respect, and build strong relationships and influence across various levels in the organization, in addition to the following:
- University Degree, MBA or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an M&A environment.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Highly numerate, with a proven ability to manipulate & analyze data to resolve complex commercial and business issues.
- Previous or existing experience in travel, fin tech (payments) or technology industries advantageous but by no means essential.
Competitive salary and bonus, plus market leading benefits.