Job Title: Business Analyst - Private Assets (Asset Management)
Job Title: Business Analyst - Private Assets (Private Equity, Real Estate Investments)
At Schroders, asset management is our business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value.
We have responsibility for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/US$543.3 billion) on behalf of Institutional and retail investor s, financial institutions and high net worth client s from around the world, invested in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi- asset and alternatives.
We employ over 4100 talented people worldwide operating from 41 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the America s, Asia and the Middle East, close to the market s in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable owner ship for over 200 years and long- term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business .
The individual will work closely with investment change, business teams aligned to the Private
Assets domain and Schroders business consultancy to provide technology analysis support for a
significant platform transformation programme. The Private Assets domain consists of the following
business lines; Private Equity, Property, Infrastructure Debt and Insurance. The role will initially
focus on delivering small but highly valuable change to the various Private Assets business lines
whilst also providing input into the overall transformation planning and execution of this plan. The
candidate must be a good communicator, with a proactive mindset who has the strength and
knowledge to challenge and innovate. The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience
using standard business analysis techniques and must have a strong knowledge of a recognised
structured analysis methodology, e.g. PMP, Prince2. The candidate must demonstrate ability to
solution emerging risks and issues. This must include providing an initial impact assessment. The
candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and be quick to identify issues and
dependencies that might affect the successful delivery of the team’s objectives. The individual will
have good organisational and negotiation skillset.
- Reporting into the Investment Solutions practice lead alongside a Project Manager
- Responsible for technical analysis and solution design of business requirements emerging
- from Investment change and business teams within Private Assets
- Working with data and analytical service providers in order to support detailed MI
- Working with third party providers of technical development and testing services
- Capture and documentation of emerging risks and issues with escalation to the Project
- Provide technical skills as and when required to assist with analysis and timely reporting of
- data. (mainly using Word, Excel, Visio/iServer)
- Ability to translate technical information and relay to non-technical staff
Competencies & Experience:
- Detailed understanding of Asset management business, specifically knowledge of Private Assets domain (Private Equity, Real Estate Investments, Infrastructure Debt)
- Experience of working with Data and analytical software to deliver complex MI reporting
- Good business analysis skills using a recognised methodology
- Significant systems related technical analysis experience
- Knowledge of development standards
- Good software skills to manipulate & present information in PowerPoint and Excel
- Data analysis skills using Excel
- Ability to draw process work flows diagrams using Visio / iServer
- Ability to draw detailed technical architecture digrams using Visio / iServer
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/960130916