Interim Health & Safety Manager
The Health, Safety, Training, & Environmental Manager will be responsible for implementing, co-ordinating and managing health, safety, environmental and training policies and procedures to agreed standards in a fast paced food manufacturing environment
Our client, a leading food manufacturing business are looking to appoint an interim Health, Safety and Environmental Manager for an immediate start.
The Health, Safety, Training & Environmental Manager will manage site compliance with the applicable statutory regulations and requirements, providing guidance, advice, induction & ongoing training. The successful candidate will provide information, guidance and support to line management enabling them to meet their duties and responsibilities as laid out in the groups health & safety policy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide advice and support in carrying out risk assessments.
- Assist maintain safe operational procedures, which identify and take account of all relevant hazard.
- Ensure that safe working procedures are developed and implemented.
- Management of site PPE, Training & HSE Financial Budgets.
- Management of Environmental policy and all legal & customer requirements.
- Management of site Training & Development plan.
- Advising on any changes to working practices, to ensure that they are safe and compliant.
- Maintain compliance with all national and local regulations, standards, codes and company policies and advise. employees and management on regulatory issues.
- Identify actions for the improvement of HSE and on-going continuous improvement practices.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of UK Health and Safety Legislation and any developments that could impact the company.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a proven track record of maintaining and developing a safe working environment ideally within the food manufacturing sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading business on an interim basis with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of staff.