Senior Business Analyst
Our Government client is looking for an experienced Business Analyst on an initial 6 month contract to start ASAP, as a Business Analyst you will have worked within GDS Environment, Digital Transformation, Agile and IT modernisation projects, you will need to be flexible with a track record of leading and/or supporting the introduction of new technology into a business as this position is to ensure the business makes maximum use of the new technology that will be introduced as part of IT Modernisation Projects
- Work with the IT Modernisation project team to define and agree the required BA products and their acceptance criteria.
- Deliver products to the timescales and quality agreed with the ITMP project and other stakeholders.
- Proactively engage with the business areas in capturing the relevant existing processes and defining new processes.
- Ensure processes are documented and agreed with the business areas.
- Be proactive in exploring the new technology and potential improvements and solutions, both as part of the ITMP and on own initiative.
- Work closely with existing business analysts and transfer knowledge and skills.
- Create a repository for business processes that can be shared, maintained and built on in future.
- Demonstrate new ways of working, processes and new technology and how they all fit together to users and other stakeholders.
- Work as part of the ITMP project team, providing regular updates, advice and support.
- Work closely with members of the Transformation team to ensure plans and outputs can dovetail where needed.
- Adhere to Government Digital Services processes and controls.
Essential knowledge, skills & experience
- Significant experience in a business analysis role
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing and explaining complex concepts for both technical staff and business users
- Excellent process mapping skills and experience of using different tools to do so
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience of Agile ways of working
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-discipline team that includes technical experts (internal and 3rd party) and business customers
- Experience of coaching and skills transfer
- Ability to work independently day to day
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
- Recognised Business Analysis qualification (e.g. BCS, BABOK)
- Recognised Project Management qualifications (Agile/Prince)
- Experience of working on technology projects in a BA capacity
- Experience of Office 365
- Knowledge of the Government's Digital strategies
- Experience of working in government and private sector
BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (Desirable) BABOK CCBA/CBAP Qualified (Desirable) Agile Project Management (Desirable) PRINCE2 Practitioner (Desirable)