Purchase Ledger Assistant
An excellent opportunity to work for a fast-growing globally renowned Marketing company, based in Hertford. They are looking to hire a Purchase Ledger Assistant on a temporary basis (with potential to become permanent) with an immediate start.
Being a rapidly expanding company within the Marketing industry, our client is currently looking for a dynamic and organised Purchase Ledger Assistant to become part of their team in Hertford on a temporary to permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proficient administrative skills, as well as experience working within a fast-paced environment.
As a Purchase Ledger Assistant working on a temporary (to permanent) basis, your duties will include:
- Liaising with department heads to approve price and quantity
- Checking that goods have arrived and are in good condition, and if problems exist ensuring that relevant credit notes are raised
- Matching payments to invoices
- Processing invoices
- Processing expenses
- Handling Petty Cash
- Processing the payment run either by BACs payments, cheque runs, or CHAPS payments
- Responsible for checking any discount available is taken
- Supplier Statement Reconciliation
- Paying Overheads
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience working within a dynamic environment
- Experience in working with Oracle or another large ERP system
- Experience in processing invoices and making payments
The package on offer includes a competitive hourly rate of £8-£11 (negotiable depending upon experience) as well as a generous holiday entitlement. Once permanent, the successful candidate will have access to an extensive benefit package, including opportunity for a bonus.