Security Cleared (SC) Scrum Master - London - contract
We require an experienced Security Cleared (SC) Scrum Master who has worked with a mixture of different team sizes and types. The successful candidate must understand the underlying principles of Scrum and its purpose in the real world and how to work with different types of people and continually strive to improve their team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Run Sprint ceremonies including, daily stand-ups, planning meetings, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Ensure that work undertaken by the team has been suitably prioritised and has a specific business benefit.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Remove impediments that are preventing the team from delivery.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of retribution or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Support and coach the Product Owner to maintain a product delivery roadmap that identifies deliverables, dependencies and milestones.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and sharing of information across the programme.
- At least two years experience in the use of Agile methodologies.
- Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative software products, as well as less experienced teams.
- Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires.
- Facilitating inclusive decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, estimating, TDD, continuous integration, pairing, automated testing.
- Mentoring skills that demonstrate the Agile values and principles.
- Helping teams and individuals become Agile in thought and behaviour.
- Experience of working on digital by default service standard compliant government website is desirable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79959002