Our client provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services and also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities.
This fundamental role in the London finance team is responsible for delivering the London Branch's financial management information.
This role is required to manage and deliver the following:
- Accurate and timely monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting to the London Management Committee
- Keen focus on financial control of the business.
- Scoping and implementing process improvement.
- Development of strong customer relationships with the various Divisions and with other Finance teams.
- Providing insightful analysis of Branch monthly performance, across both Profit and Loss and Balance sheet components.
- Prepare expense forecasts and budgets for the London Branch.
- Preparation of FCA and APRA regulatory reporting for the Bank's subsidiaries.
- Calculation of monthly tax provisioning of current and deferred tax and VAT return submissions and payments.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Identify, assess and manage risks within area of responsibility and potential mitigating controls.
- Provide timely responses to information requests to the businesses to support decision-making.
- Manage accounting and reporting procedures and systems, ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures are complete and current.
- ACA or ACCA qualified with interest in banking and financial services
- Consideration will also be given to a newly qualified accountant from Top 20 practice
- Good at time management and coping with conflicting deadlines, with the ability to learn quickly
- Strong IT experience (with very good skills in Excel, Access & SQL).
- Someone who can positively contribute to the team culture.
Summary of opportunity
- Exposure across all main areas of management accounting including; revenue, expenses, tax, subsidiary reporting and balance sheet
- Exposure to senior management including London Branch Head and London CFO
- Opportunities to move to other international centres as well as a strong focus on career progression
- Competitive package including good pension
Contact Graham Saunders, Managing Consultant at Hudson Finance
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.