The Electronics Buyer will be responsible for the purchasing and provide a procurement service for components, materials, services and subcontract manufacturing to ensure the continuity of supply at acceptable levels of quality, stock availability and cost. This role will require the buyer to work in a stand-alone environment and establish a better procurement function without the supervision.
My client is a market-leader in their sector and part of a tremendous blue-chip organisation.
The successful Electronics Buyer in Leicestershire will be responsible for;
- Purchasing of all overhead and project requirements from Corporate, Production and Development departments.
- Review of the MRP requirements generated for manufacturing and Production.
- Progressing purchase orders and updating relevant information on the MRP system.
- Progress chasing of sub-contractor parts and services, reviewing safety stocks to ensure economic stocking of parts.
- Creating new part numbers when required.
- Negotiating with new supplier to attain good margin both nationally and internationally.
- Working with the R&D department both purchasing and in key component selection.
- Managing schedule orders
- Sourcing new suppliers and developing the supplier base.
- Attending Supplier Quality Audits in support of the above,
- Contributing to the development of internal company processes
- Ensuring the proper management of the Purchasing processes to meet Key Performance Indicators and Service Levels
- Maintain an overall knowledge of the department and any on-going issues in order to contribute to cover for other members of the purchasing department in times of absence
- Other purchasing department administrative functions
- Allocation of jobs and resources within Projects (Manpower planning) ensuring that these are completed on time and within budget. Also monitoring of workload to ensure adequate level.
- Timely and accurate communication of information across all levels within the Company
The successful Electronics Buyer will be able to have/demonstrate:
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of MRP Systems
- Effective Communication skills, written and verbal
- Financial Procedures knowledge
- Spreadsheet Expertise
- Willingness to travel (both UK & International)
- Business Knowledge
- Electronic Component Sourcing
- Commercial Awareness
- Manufacturing and Production Awareness
- Leading People
- Delivering Performance
- Managing Professionally
- Customer Thinking
This role offers a very competitive salary and benefit structure while also allowing the successful candidate to build, manage and implement a purchasing function to run effectively.