Data Protection Officer - 6 Month Contract
Our client based in West Sussex, is currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer to join their fantastic organisation on a 6-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will support the Data Protection Manager with the management of all data protection issues and other work relating to data protection compliance. The role involves access to and handling highly sensitive and confidential information from external and internal sources and will require robust championing of data protection policy throughout the Society.
- Support the Head of and Data Protection Managers with all work relating to data protection and compliance issues
- Support with championing best practice across the business when it comes to data protection policies and processes
- Deal with Subject Access Requests and Breach Notifications effectively
- Ensure correspondence and telephone enquiries from members of the public and representatives of local authorities and official bodies (including police contacts) requesting the disclosure of personal data are dealt with according to procedures
- Assist with development and delivery of training sessions on data protection for staff groups to raise awareness of best practice on Data Protection
- Keep up to date with changes and developments on data protection issues, summarising the information and circulating to colleagues as appropriate
Key skills and attributes:
- Experience working within a Data Protection or Compliance focused role
- Excellent knowledge of data protection and / or data protection act
- The ability to work with stakeholders of all levels and to champion data protection across a business
- The desire to keep up to date with data protection and compliance law
- Understanding of legal terminology is highly desirable
- Data Protection certification / training / education would be advantageous
- Any knowledge or experience around GDPR would be advantageous
- Outstanding communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
For more information please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or simply apply as directed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
Keywords: Data Protection / GDPR / Compliance / Legislation / Crawley / Horsham / West Sussex / Gatwick / Haywards Heath / Surrey / Sussex / Brighton / Burgess Hill
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79959707