Exciting new position for a Credit Controller within a global property and housing company. The successful candidate would be given an amazing opportunity to learn and grow within an amazing team based in Bedford.
My Client are one of the leading companies in the property and housing industry who are expanding their credit control team after numerous key client wins leading to added exposure to their ledgers hence they will like to have someone proactive for. This role is based in Bedford with great facilities and parking on site.
Duties of Credit Controller:
- Chasing O/S payments via phone, letter, fax or email.
- Minimise the cash collection gap between provision of service and the time when the cash is received into the bank account.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers
- Ensure that all disputes or customer issues are followed up promptly with internal staff to ensure payments are not delayed - seek managerial help if actions not forthcoming
- Ensure all accounts and records are kept up-to-date and cash/credits are properly allocated
- Approve, set and monitor credit limits with customers based on credit agency information and/or in conjunction with group credit control
- Provide sales with information/help as necessary to ensure that they are aware of credit limits, goods not sent, or services performed without due credit authorisation first
- Liaise with sales people as necessary and/or from other sources (e.g. business sections in papers) to find out what is happening in the industry to head off any risks before they arise i.e. be business aware of what is going on.
- Ensure all customer records are kept up-to-date and is in line with company policy and DPA
- Providing all reporting information as may be require by local management or group
- Undertake any other activities that may be reasonably required in the furtherance of the company's business.
The Successful Credit Controller will have the following attributes:
- Independent, organised and pro-active
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Maintain relationships with customers
- Qualifications and experience
- Prior credit controller experience
- Strong IT skills for communication, documentation and ensuring adequate record keeping
- Experience of dealing with Customers
- Working knowledge of VAT or local equivalent
A great opportunity for the right candidate to really exceed within their career with the right tools and direction provided by the company.