Data Engineer - Python – Central London – up to £60,000
Bench are proudly working with a Central-London-based global leader in their industry. Using Analytics, Data Science and Big Data, they are delivering insights and solutions from utilities and energy data and help their customers improve energy efficiency and customer satisfaction. Riding on the back of multiple major business wins, and with a roadmap heavily incorporating an emphasis on the use of Data, they are now looking to boost their team with the hire of a Data Engineer.
The Data Engineer will work with the Data Science and Product teams to add value to a team of experts already making leaps and bounds to disrupt the industry. This is the perfect opportunity for a focussed and ambitious Data Engineer who is looking for something early-stage and disruptive, to work on varied projects with a like-minded team all pulling in the same direction.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Taking full ownership of the data warehouse (Amazon Redshift). Developing and enhancing ETL processes and running data builds. Identifying and resolving data quality issues. Optimising database structure and performance.
- Working with the team to understand the algorithms and their associated codes. Improving the performance and structure of the code.
- Acting as the main point of contact for anything related to data within Data Science team.
- Proactively identifying new sources of information to improve the algorithms, collecting new data and bringing it into the data warehouse for R&D purpose.
- Developing prototype solutions based algorithms developed by Data Scientists, working closely with teams to deploy new algorithms in the production platform.
- Providing support in customer trials by running models on customer data and performing simple data analysis and visualisation.
- A BSc or MSc in a STEM subject with significant computer programming element
- 5+ years of highly relevant work experience in industry.
- Solid experience of creating automated data build processes and ETL tasks using Python.
- Extensive experience with Python, SQL and relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostGres, Teradata, Hive and Oracle, as well as a good knowledge of Spark and Kafka frameworks and Shell Scripting.
- Ideally solid experience with statistical packages/languages (R, SAS etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79961582