Enterprise Data Architect
The Group IT organisation is responsible for aligning IT with the business on the delivery of DS Smith’s strategic priorities. It will do this by building strategic capabilities, enabling transformational efforts and embedding quality in all systems and processes.
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for setting the vision for DS Smith’s use of data, through strategy, design and overseeing implementation, to meet business needs. They will shape the principles and standards that govern the data landscape across the group and create the roadmaps that transform the use of and value of data within the business. They will contribute to the development and governance of the overall IT architecture strategy and facilitate the changes in data and associated systems architecture to gain the maximum value for the business while minimising disruptive impacts.
Reporting to the Director of IT Strategy and Architecture, the Enterprise Data Architect will work closely with the Senior Enterprise Architect and team to establish and deliver the data strategy for the DS Smith organisation
• Develop the information architecture strategy and framework for DS Smith to govern data usage, definitions, controls and exploitation
• Establish the ways of working and lead the company wide data governance board from an IT perspective
• Support the Director of Strategy and Architecture in quantifying and communicating the value of data across the business whilst building strong business relationships
• Assess and implement IT projects with development teams and ensure data standards are met
• Help create the principles and guidelines around master data management (MDM) across the business
• Liaise with other IT Leads to validate business data requirements and support stakeholders.
• Continuously seek opportunities for improvement in the IT organisation
• Develop and maintain the DS Smith Enterprise Architecture Repository from a data perspective.
What we expect the candidate to have:
• Minimum of business or technology degree educated, and both politically and commercially aware
• Experience of developing and executing on an enterprise data strategy that increases the maturity of data governance and capability within an organisation
• Deep understanding of data and information technologies and how they to apply to modern business
• In-depth knowledge of business intelligence delivery and data quality management
• Experience in full development lifecycle phases and enterprise architecture frameworks, e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF
• Strong aptitude for using models to describe data, information, systems and technology strategy
• Understanding of data technology trends including Data Lakes, Cloud strategies and analytics
Knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
• Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics & Reporting
• Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Data Marts & ETL
• Predictive analytics, Data Quality, Reference & Meta Data
• Enterprise Data Models & Data Governance, Master Data Management (MDM)
Experience of one or more of the following:
• Microsoft Analysis Services
• Analytics packages including Cognos and Business Objects
• Data base technologies including SAP Hana, Microsoft SQL, Oracle and DB2
• NoSQL technologies including Mongo, Couchbase, neo4J, Casandra and Hadoop
• Analytical languages (including R)
• MDM technologies including IBM MDM, SAP MDG, Semarchy, Talend
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79968807