Storage & Backup Consultant
Hosted Services has the responsibility for designing, building and maintaining the infrastructure and supporting processes for EMIS Health and EMIS Care managed services. It comprises of the following departments: Engineering, 24x7 Operations and Service Management. Hosted Services provides these services and solutions to both internal and external customers.
Hosted Engineering’s role is to deliver the design, the build and the production compute and storage environments to ensure high levels of service stability for all hosted systems.
About the role
As a Storage and Backup Consultant you will be responsible for ensuring the stability, availability and performance of the SAN (Storage Area Network), Fabric Interconnect and Backup Infrastructure within our Hosted Services. Our estate comprises a considerable number of SAN appliances across a number of data centre locations.
Daily duties will include the planning, implementation, configuration and tuning of storage hardware and software. This will include engagement with Hosted Engineering colleagues as well as vendor specialists to ensure the infrastructure remains optimally set-up and configured.
You will also review capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems.
As part of the implementation of new products and services you will also get the opportunity to support our design function, in conjunction with the Storage & Backup Manager, with recommendations for new storage and backup solutions.
You’ll be working in a close knit team and will report into the Hosted engineering Storage & Backup Manager, who will mentor and support you offering guidance and help daily.
Who you’ll be
We want to make sure you are set for success; this isn`t all about your skills and that is why we would love to talk to you even if perhaps you don`t fit all of the following;
- extensive knowledge of SAN architecture and design, including fabric interconnectivity
- experience of storage supporting virtualisation technologies: VMware and Windows ® Hyper-V
- experience of disk based media servers and LTO backup libraries: HP, and Quantum
- Symantec NetBackup or other Enterprise-grade backup technologies
- strong analytical / troubleshooting skills, including performance tuning, monitoring and reporting
- good prioritisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Experience of Business Critical and High Availability Systems, including SAN cross site replication
- Windows Server Operating Systems, including Windows 2008/R2 and Windows 2012
- HP 3PAR SAN
- HP C7000 Enclosure, BL460c class blades and Flex Fabric
- Brocade/Cisco director switches
Who we are
We’re the UK leader in connected healthcare software and services. Our solutions are widely used across every major UK healthcare setting, from primary and community care to high street pharmacies, secondary care and specialist services.
Dedicated to creating and implementing innovative IT solutions, we’re giving healthcare professionals access to the information they need to provide better, faster and cheaper patient care.
If this role sounds of interest please click the apply button now!!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79976844