IT Communications Analyst FTC 12 months
The Group IT organisation is responsible for aligning IT with the business on the delivery of DS Smith’s strategic priorities. It will do this by building strategic capabilities, enabling transformational efforts and embedding quality in all systems and processes.
The IT Communications Analyst is responsible for providing the required communications support to meet the needs of Group IT, both on a Business as Usual basis and in support of the IT Transformation Programme. A key element of the role will be shaping and disseminating of effective and consistent messaging to all relevant stakeholders.
The IT Communications Analyst will report directly to the Head of the Office of the CIO.
• Develop, manage and execute a Communications Plan and Framework for the DS Smith Group IT organisation.
• Support the IT Transformation Director to develop, manage and execute a Communications Plan and Framework for the IT Transformation Programme.
• Work with the IT Transformation Programme team to develop and deliver communications that capture and report on key programme milestones and successes.
• Produce concise, effective and consistent targeted communications via several mediums including email, websites, leaflets/brochures workshops and other communication channels.
• Identifies opportunities for structuring or improving communication
• Focus on optimising Group IT staff engagement through a range of activities e.g. conducting Staff Surveys.
• Influence decision-makers to support the need for communication through use of correct tone, style, and arguments
• Promote a culture of innovation. Continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the Group IT organisation as a whole.
• Familiarity with IT and working in a programme environment required.
• Possess an understanding of communications management strategies along with considerable operational experience in applying these.
• Have experience of working in a global organisation and an understanding of cross cultural issues.
• Have an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of communications in a global organisation.
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Be able to manage relationships across the organisation at multiple levels.
• Possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• A high degree of creativity and/or the ability to work alongside graphic design functions to produce high-quality and engaging artwork.
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79971462